Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: The Hunger Games


Rating: 4 Stars (Silver) * * * *

I have never read the books nor heard of the Hunger Games series at all until about a month ago so I'm not too qualified to talk about the movie but I'll try.  I have no idea how well it compares to the novel so I'll just review it as a stand alone film.  I liked this movie quite a bit, though plot-wise it definately did come off as a story written for young teenagers as the novels were written for.  There really werent any surprises that I didn't see coming beforehand in the movie.  However, I did like the setting of the movie and the characters were pretty believable.  The atmosphere of the fictional world the story takes place in was pretty impressive, I wanted to see more of that rather than the wilderness that the second half of the movie takes place in.  The two main characters did seem to have chemestry even though they did not know each other for that long at all.  Though I guess that was partially the point the movie was trying to make, where they are forced to create a relationship to please the sponsors who watch their ordeal.

Overall, good movie that has a couple nitpicks here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment